You may think celebrities are interesting. You might believe that authors and artists have the best stories to tell. Maybe you even consider musicians to be the most intriguing people to talk to.
Well, you’re absolutely wrong and we don’t mind saying it.
Because it’s actually people who work at storage centres who are the most fascinating. National Storage centres, to be specific.
Now – lucky you – here’s your chance to get to know the team at National Storage Hillsborough!
4 Fast Facts about National Storage Hillsborough
- National Storage Hillsborough is located near the Monro Playground, home to a slide, swings, and a seesaw.
- This centre offers unit sizes 2.4m x 3m and 2.4m x 6m, so you’re sure to find enough space for your things.
- National Storage Hillsborough takes security seriously, equipped with gates, barbed wire, and an alarm system.
- This centre offers 24/7 access, perfect when you need to fetch your stuff in the wee hours!
Meet the Manager (Blodwen)
What’s the strangest thing you’ve seen someone use their storage unit for?
“A customer stored his retirement fund in the unit. He purchased 80-plus paintings from known artists, shut the unit up, and moved overseas. They were in the unit for nearly 20 years.”
And the coolest?
“A Hillman imp flat deck.”
Talk about a blast from the past!
What item in the Box Shop best matches your personality?
“Archive box. They have all that knowledge filed away and it’s easily accessible.”
We love the logic, Blodwen!
What’s your favourite thing about working for National Storage?
“It’s close to where I live, and takes me 6 -8 mins to get to work and back home.”
Can’t put a price on convenience, we suppose!
Meet the Team
Describe the Hillsborough team in 3 words?
“Lucky to have.”
Who’s the funniest person on the team and why?
“Me, because I’m the boss and I say so.”
We’re not arguing, Blodwen!
If the team was trapped in a storage unit for 24 hours with only 1 song to play on repeat, what song would you choose?
“Take it to the Limit by The Eagles.”
We think 24 hours of The Eagles would indeed take it to the limit.
Is anyone on the team flexible enough to fit inside a tea chest carton?
“Only if I took their photo and put the photo in the box.”
Well, get snapping!
If the team could build any famous monument out of cardboard, what would you build?
“Mt Rushmore, but with the Hillsborough staff faces.”
Meet the friendly team at National Storage Hillsborough for yourself!
- Call: 03 352 0780
- Visit: 89 Garlands Road, Opawa CAN 8023 (the centre is open 8am-5pm Monday to Friday, and 9am-2pm Saturday, with access hours 24hrs every day).